These meatballs are quick and fairly easy, great for a weeknight dinner. Mix and pop into the oven. Serve with hoisin sauce and garnish with green onion and sesame seeds.
Ready in about 30 min.
1 pound Ground Beef (80/20% fat)
2 Garlic Cloves – minced
1 teaspoon Ginger Root – minced
1 Tbsp Green Onions (sliced thin and small)
1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
½ cup Panko Bread Crumbs
For the Sauce:
3 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
2 oz Rice Vinegar
½ Tbsp Soy Sauce
½ Teaspoon Sesame Oil
1 Garlic Clove – minced
½ Teaspoon Ginger Root – minced
1 Tbsp Sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ginger, garlic, green onion, sesame oil, panko, and egg.
- Using a wooden spoon or clean hands, stir until well combined but do not overmix.
- Roll the mixture into 1 1/4-to-1 1/2-inch meatballs, forming about 18-20 meatballs.
- Place meatballs onto a prepared baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes, or until all sides are browned and meatballs are cooked through.
- To make the sauce, whisk together hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and ginger in a small bowl.
Serve meatballs with hoisin sauce, garnished with green onion and sesame seeds.
*Alternatively, use ¾ lb. ground turkey (not white meat as it will be dry) mixed with ¼ pound ground pork. If you have no pork, you can also just use 1lb. ground turkey (dark meat).